All the information you need at a glance:
- Why do I need the smartfox energy manager?
- How does the KEBA charging station communicate with the smartfox energy manager?
- What equipment do I need to charge my electric car with PV power?
- How do I install the smartfox energy manager?
- How do I order the smartfox energy manager?
1. Why do I need the smartfox energy manager?
With the smartfox energy manager, you can charge your electric car using solar power alone, whilst also optimising your overall consumption. As the owner of a PV system, this is sure to sound familiar: The PV system is now finally on the roof, but the solar power generated actually flows into the power grid. If you need power, then this often comes back from the grid. The smartfox online portal will show you exactly how much power you are generating when, and how much you're using. You can analyse the data, identify savings and then optimise your power consumption. You decide – on the spot or in advance: charge your electric car with full power or with 100% solar energy. The charging power is continuously adaptable, and is adjusted in response to excess charge. You can also connect other appliances, e.g. a heat pump.
Visit our website for further details of how you can make charging efficienct with the energy manager, and save on costs.
2. How does the KEBA charging station communicate with the smartfox energy manager?
As soon as your KEBA charging station with ethernet and smartfox is integrated into your home network, smartfox automatically recognises the charging station and is able to control it.
3. What equipment do I need to charge my electric car with PV power?
smartfox automatically controls the charging process for your electric car with PV power as soon as a specific minimum switch-on power current is reached. If 6 A are available per phase, your electric car will start to charge.
Example: Your BMW i3 charges on a single-phase basis at a maximum of 4.6 kW. As soon as your PV system has produced an excess of 1.4 kW, your BMW i3 will start to charge ('excess' means that the power consumption of all other equipment in the building is already covered).
4. How do I install the smartfox energy manager?
The smartfox system is fully thought through. The product is already preconfigured when we deliver it to your home. This makes an installation time of just 90 minutes for your smartfox energy manager realistic. The system is also completely independent of components provided by third-party suppliers.
Complete the following steps in order to install the smartfox energy manager:
- Place the smartfox unit (the consumption regulator) in the fuse box and connect it to a power supply
- Then install the current transformers directly after the utility meter on the line connection and connect the current transformers to the smartfox consumption regulator
- Once you have done this, integrate the smartfox consumption regulator into your home network using your router
- The final step is to quickly and easily configure the smartfox consumption regulator and set your individual data using the display
5. How can I order the smartfox energy manager?
- Select the smartfox energy manager and place it in your basket
- If you have selected a KEBA charging station with ethernet (LAN-connection) from The Mobility House, you can simply order the service at the same time
- If you have not selected a KEBA charging station with ethernet (LAN connection) from The Mobility House , you will be asked when accessing the basket to specify an invoice number from a previous order
- Just enter "PV solution" in this field and click "Save"
- Once you have ordered the PV solution, you will receive an order confirmation by email and we will deliver the smartfox energy manager to your home for your convenience.
1 Review "smartfox energy manager"
- einfach und Smart
April 25, 2016
Price-performance-ratio Functionality Would you recommend the product?