What is a POI?
POI stands for ‘Point of Interest’. A POI is a particular category of destination in navigation systems or online maps, such as filling stations, restaurants, etc.
Why do I need the POI service from The Mobility House?
The Mobility House allows you to enter your charging station in various navigation and e-mobility databases – with no effort on your part. By entering your charging station as a POI you increase your visibility and scope.
For whom is the POI service intended?
Everyone helps promote electromobility by making their charging stations available to owners of electric cars and allowing them to be entered into various navigation systems and online maps.
The POI service is particularly suitable for the semi-public use of charging stations, such as hotels, restaurants, shopping centres and similar. As a hotel or restaurant you will offer electric car drivers more charging options and attract additional guests via the POI service. Moreover, you will prove yourself to be environmentally responsible and sustainable.
Where does my charging station appear?
Your charging station will be stored as part of the POI service in different databases managed by car manufacturers, navigation system manufacturers and other providers. Specifically, your charging station will appear with these suppliers/manufacturers:
- Car manufacturers: Alfa Romeo, BMW, Citroen, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Fiat, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, KIA, Lancia, Land Rover, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Seat, Skoda, Subaru, Vauxhall, Volvo, VW
- Manufacturers of navigation systems: Becker, Garmin, Alpine, Pioneer, VDO
- Other map services such as: ChargeMap, GoingElectric, Lemnet, Open Charge Map, Oplaadpalen, Moovility, The Mobility House, ChargeNow, Hubject
How long does it take for my charging station to appear?
The Mobility House enters the location of your charging station in all databases as soon as you order the POI service. The update cycle of the manufacturer or provider determines when your charging station will appear in the navigation systems and online mapping services.
What information does The Mobility House require from me?
To ensure a high-quality entry, we need some information from you. After ordering the POI service you will receive a link to our input form, in which you enter the necessary information. We then verify your information and ensure that you are registered in all databases.
Can I order the POI service if I already have a charging station?
Yes, you can also order the POI service if you already have a charging station from The Mobility House. See Order section (specify invoice number).
How many charging stations or points can I specify?
You can specify up to 10 charging points which are located at the same site.
To order the POI service:
- Select the POI service and place it in the basket.
- If you have selected a charging station from The Mobility House, you can simply order the service at the same time.
- If you have not selected a charging station from The Mobility House, you will be asked when accessing the basket to specify an invoice number from a previous order.
- Enter ‘POI service’ in the field and click ‘Save’.
- After ordering the POI service you will receive an email with a link, in which we ask you to provide further details about your charging points.
- Once you have entered the data we will forward it immediately to our partners.
Review "POI service for the hospitality industry (i.a. hotels & restaurants)"